Product Update Deep Dive: Oracle Fusion ERP Expenses Bot – June, 2020
Oracle has been developing their Digital Assistant for a while now, and we like it here at Qubix. Earlier versions showed promise, and since then Oracle has worked hard to enhance the feature. We are now seeing embedded Artificial Intelligence providing great end-user value. Remember the Microsoft Paperclip?
Thankfully, Oracle didn't go down that route, but the concepts of a digital assistant helping someone remains. Did you really want to be chasing the management chain for the coffee you bought a client? Now you can ask the digital assistant without feeling the need to grovel for your pennies.
Here’s a snapshot of the new features — some good ones here at an individual level and the Finance and HCM departments.
The following new capabilities are now available with Oracle Digital Assistant.
- Your assistant will prompt you when (providing setup is correct) there are anomalies.
- Users receive a notification when an expense created by the Digital Assistant requires more information. The notification lists expenses that have potential matches with corporate card charges, expenses with missing information, and expenses that can't be submitted automatically.
- Users can take action in the Expenses web application. If you do lots of travel, this is useful, especially when working out which items carry which tax elements.
The following new capabilities are available with Oracle Digital Assistant for Expenses:
Setup and Configuration
Administrators can setup the predefined configuration for the Expenses Digital Assistant, such as matching to corporate card charges, automatic submission of reports, and schedule for notifications. This ultimately results in quicker payments and better financial forecasting/revenue recognition if those expenses are passed on to clients.
- Notification When Expenses Require Attention
Users receive a notification when an expense created by the Digital Assistant requires more information. The notification lists expenses that have potential matches with corporate card charges, expenses with missing information, and expenses that can't be submitted automatically. Users can take action in the Expenses web application.
- Matches Highlighted in the Expenses Work Area
Expense items created by the Oracle Digital Assistant and matched to corporate card charges are highlighted in the Expenses work area. Work area highlights digital assistant charges that are exactly matched to corporate card charges and charges that are matched to multiple corporate card charges. Employees can match the charges and provide missing information.
- View Expense Report Status and Payment Details Using Oracle Digital Assistant
Employees can query the status of expense reports and view report status and payment details using the Oracle Digital Assistant. To view reports and items, text phrases such as the ones listed below:
- Report Status
- Show me the status of my expense reports.
- Have my last reports been paid?
- Did my manager approve my recent expense reports?
- What is the current status of my expense reports?
Overall, this is a big step for Fusion ERP. Arguably keeping up with minority stand-alone solutions such as Expensify but a useful addition which will reap benefits across the business without expanding your application landscape.